Baptist Trinity Home Care
Baptist Trinity Home Care provides compassionate, quality services by skilled professionals under the direction of a patient's physician. Medicare, TennCare, private insurance or private pay are accepted for these services. Newly diagnosed patients, patients with cancer-related emergencies who require skilled observation and assessment and patients in the advanced stages of cancer who do not choose hospice often need home care services.
Skilled Nursing Services
Include teaching and training activities regarding:
- Disease process
- Medications, such as chemotherapeutic agents and analgesics
- Nutrition guidelines for patients undergoing radiation/chemotherapy
- Nutrition for patients with cancer of the mouth, throat, esophagus or gastrointestinal areas
- Interventions for side effects of treatment
- Prevention of infection
- Care of terminally ill or bed-ridden patients
- Patients on chemotherapy
- Reactions and side effects of treatment
- Patients' physical and psycho-social status
- Assessment and referral for environmental resources
- Pain management
- Administering chemotherapeutic agents and analgesics
- Drawing blood for lab tests
- Care of devices designed to deliver IV fluids, blood products and other solutions through the vascular system.
- Wound/skin care
Therapy services include strengthening, training to normalize walking patterns, helping to move patients from one area to another and caregiver education regarding positioning bed-bound patients, how to move patients from one area to another and performing activities of daily living. Learn more about our rehabilitation services for our cancer patients.
Baptist Trinity Home Care & Hospice offers a bridge program to transfer terminally ill patients from home health care to hospice care. Coordinating the transition from restorative care to palliative care provides the appropriate use of interdisciplinary resources to meet the needs of terminally ill patients.